Many of you may have heard of the Alkaline Diet, which has been shown to be successful in fighting cancer. However, the simple act of adding Alkaine-Forming foods to your everyday diet helps bring all of our bodies into balance. If we are eating enough of these foods each day, our body has easy access to essential minerals. Without this access, our body is forced to pull these minerals from our bones and organs, compromising our immune system and causing fatigue.
So… what foods should you be eating every day for optimal health?
1. Root Vegetables: Radishes, beets, carrots, turnips and more are not only tasty (especially in winter!) but are awesome for your health!
2. Cruciferous Vegetables: Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower & Brussels sprouts
3. Leafy Greens: Kale, Swiss chard, spinach, etc. are all packed with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and more and have been linked to improving digestion and vision!
4. Garlic: Add this to anything and everything to improve, among other things, cardiovascular and immune health.
5. Lemons: We think of Alkalines as the opposite of acidic, so this addition to the list may be a surprise, but actually lemons may be the most alkalizing food of all. They work to energize the liver and promote detoxification…something we can always use.